APPROVED MODES OF SCHOOL FEE PAYMENT
Our payment modes are tailored to you to ensure accessibility and convenience when paying any of your fees.
We do not request students to make payments using Mobile Money. Beware of scammers!
The following are the university’s approved modes of payment:
- Directly to the bank (FNB/ZANACO) through:
- Physical deposit at a Branch
- Online transfer to the banks (Using telegraphic transfer/ DDAC from the students’ respective bank either locally or internationally)
- ATM deposit at Bank (Only FNB is available at the moment)
- Branch deposit (Recommended)
- Swipe using a Point of Sale Machine in the CUZ Revenue Office (Recommended)
- ZANACO Express Agents found across the country are denoted with express agent signage
- ZANACO BILLMUSTER PAYMENT METHOD
Please note that you are required to fill in a Bill Muster deposit slip at the ZANACO Branch BEFORE making any payment. Use the correct Student ID Number. Bill Muster Deposit slips can be found at your nearest ZANACO Branch.
Note: Whenever a payment is being made through any of the above methods, students must provide their Student ID number, and full names and fill in necessary forms correctly to ensure that payments are allocated to their student accounts.
An original copy of the bank deposit slip must be presented to the Accountant to obtain a receipt for proof of fee payment.